Agra – If India’s most beautiful college buildings are to be found then it is in Agra. Built in red sandstone in Indo-Saracenic architecture, St. John’s College in Agra is one of the most beautiful buildings in India.College was established in 1850 by the Church Missionary Society of England at Agra . The first principal of this ancient college was Rev Thomas Valpy French. He, at the time of its establishment, prepared the syllabus of the college and conducted the examination. The college was affiliated to the University of Calcutta from 1862 to 1888 and later to the University of Allahabad until 1927. With the establishment of Agra University in 1927, the then principal of the college, Dr. A.W. Davis became its first Vice-Chancellor and the college became affiliated to Agra University. The foundation stone of the Centenary Wing was laid in 1958 by Bharat Ratna Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan, former President of India.St. John’s College Agra from its inception strove for the expansion of education, keeping the provision of social justice through education and the upliftment of the downtrodden as one of its prime concerns. The first scheduled caste student was admitted as early as 1892.